On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Steve Philp wrote:

> "Corbett J. Klempay" wrote:
> >
> I don't know if MandrakeSoft included the updated pump in their 6.1
> release or not, but I recall seeing 6.0-era messages about the original
> pump not working with MS-DHCP.  Might want to check for updated
> packages.

Thanks, I will check.  A related question...I went into linuxconf and told
it to set my network device (it is named lo in this case, not
eth0...anyone able to explain when it's lo and when it's eth0? I'm
guessing it has to do with this being an pcmcia card vs. a regular NIC,
right?) so that it uses DHCP on boot to get its IP.  However, it will
always fail on boot (even when I am on my cable modem, where manual
works), since it tries to acquire via DHCP *before* the pcmcia stuff is
loaded...it obviously must be the other way around in order for the NIC to
even be available to get the IP.  How do I fix this?

> Oh, and dhcpd has been deprecated by the use of pump for address
> reception.

Ah ok...I remembered seeing pump in RH as well.  Anyone know why pump >
dhcpcd?

Thanks!

---
Corbett J. Klempay