"Mohammad R. Salehpour, Ph.D." wrote:

> Thank you Steve for the suggestion. I checked only kwmsound is
> running. How do I enable kaudioserver and maudio?

It _should_ only be a matter of restarting KDE.  Have you tried out
GNOME at some point?  Check to see if esd is running -- it will tie up
the audio and will kill kaudioserver.  If esd is running, kill it.

--
Steve Philp                     "The Internet is like crack
Network Administrator            for smart people..."