----- Original Message -----
From: Axalon Bloodstone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 1999 5:47 AM
Subject: Re: [expert] Can't Initialize eth0 in 6.1

> On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Hoyt wrote:
>
> > it. The error I get from modprobe is "invalid parameter io".
> >
> > The entries in /etc/modules.conf are the same in both installations;
> > something is not working right for me in 6.1.
> > Hoyt
> >

> fix your
> options ne2k-pci
> to not say io=frub

Steve & Axalon

After the initial failure from a fresh install, I _added_  io= and irq=
and, of course, continued to experience failure. I used netconf from the
command line to remove the offending information and, upon exit after
changing nothing else, it restarted the network and the card was recognized.
Now works fine. Odd, but at least it works.

Thanks,
Hoyt