I'm having problems allowing win98 to connect to the internet thru
linux, and see my linux machine using samba. I know that samba was set
up right (for 6.0) and same with ip masquerading, but for internet,
win98 can lookup the ip address, but then comes up with the error
'Cannot connect to server'. I've just upgraded to 6.1 (helios).

Another problem carried over from 6.0 which i thought the upgrade would
fix, is the printer port. On startup i get:
parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [SPP,ECP,ECPEPP,ECPPS2]
parport0: detected irq 7; use procfs to enable interrupt-driven
operation.
parport0: no IEEE-1284 device present.
(taken from dmesg)
I thought that this was a problem with the 2.2.10-34mdk kernel from
cooker that i was using, as printing worked before I used this.

Also, people may remember that I was having problems with wine (since it
stopped in 5.3). The upgrade didn't fix it :( I know that it must be an
X configuration problem, as it works on a clean install on this system,
with the same config
--
|             Andrew Mitchell                       |