On Fri, 01 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> The default .cf file that gets installed accordingly denies all relaying,
> the one I made from the bsd .mc file that I used, the relay test just
> hangs there. Have not had time to follow this up yet but hope to in the
> next day or so.

Right....it's supposed to deny all relaying. :-) The reason
it does so (at least from what I've heard) is that there
are TOO many people out there running unsecured Linux boxes
on cable-modems and such. Thus, to prevent "out of the box"
Linux machines from becoming SPAM relays when running a
default installation, Sendmail is pre-configured to deny
all relaying.
Not saying that's the reason, just that that's the reason
I'd heard. :-)
        John