OK, I'm a little embarrased, but I'd really like to know if anyone has
some way to do this that I'm just missing or what:

When I open the view of files I have in /opt, I always change the view to
long, because by default KDE shows all files as the larger icons.  While
this is a fine default, I hate changing the view setting _every_ time I
close and re-open the window.  In Win98 (blasphemy, I know) it is possible
for windows to "remember" the last settings for view, so that it opens the
way that it closed last time.

Is there some way to do this in KDE, and if not, shouldn't there be?

Later,
 David

"Without the Law, there is no Liberty.  Without Justice, there is no Law."