All,

Since I had numerous request for my little C program that allows
you to batch create user accounts on your Linux box.

The program is nothing stupendous, but here is what it does.

The administrator creates a users.txt file with the user names he
wants accounts created for (one username per line).

The user creates a greet.txt file (optional).  The contents of this file
are emailed to each account that is created.  I use this because of
lot of my users use Linux for their email server, and this way they
have a little greeting message waiting for them when they configure
their email client.

The mkpasswd program is used to create a unique password for
that account.

An accounts.txt file is created.  It is a comma delimited file containing
each username created and the password for each one.

The program is precompiled and source code is included. The README
file contains information you should read first before using.

You can download it at the following link.

ftp://ftp.one.net/pub/users/mhill/userdo.tgz

The program works great for me, but use at your own risk.  I released it
under the GNU GPL.

Good luck, and if it works for you let me know.

Mike
[EMAIL PROTECTED]