Singer XJ Wang wrote:
> 5.2]. As a general Rule, if it runs on RH 5.2 it should have no problems
> on Mandrake 6.1? right? and also, would it running on a Mandrake 6.1 Box
> help its speed compare to running it on RH 5.2?

Basically yes, it should run the same (perhaps would need a new compile
and link since the libc has changed in between...)
Also, kernel 2.2 (basis for Mandrake 6.1) is supposed to be better at
SMP
than kernel 2.0 (basis for RH 5.2). So you could expect better perf as
well.

> 2x18.0Gig 10,000 RPM SCSI HD [The Files we work with are contently in the
>                                 2-3 Gigs Range]

Warning! There is currently a 2G limit on file size in linux (although
I think it can be relieved somewhat with a patch ...). Anyway, this
limit *did* already exist with previous linux versions (and RH 5.2).

--
Jean-Louis Debert        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
74 Annemasse  France