Marc Hudson wrote:

> OK, I've got a Diamond V770, and Mandrake 6.1.
> I got it working just fine with the included
> SVGA driver for 2D, but no 3D. So I tried
> getting the drivers off nvidia.com, and installed
> them, and they work... kinda :(
>
> I noticed that the nvidia drivers were 3.3.3.1
> and the Helios drivers were 3.3.5. Now I know
> that I probably don't need to replace my
> XF86_SVGA, I just need the glx.so for 3.3.5
> to get everything working OK.
>
> I have a slow connection, so d/l'ing the
> XFree86 source would be a pain.
>
> So I was wondering, has anybody out there
> compiled the nvidia glx module against
> 3.3.5, and if so could I have a copy.
>
> Marc

I have a question and I hope Pixel can read it... anyway I am sending
another msg to him!

I just purchased a new card, is a Diamond Stealth III S540Xtreme
it has 32M in video RAM and I am including all details here... if you
know of any driver
available for this card is deeply appreciated.

Diamond Stealth III Savage-4 AGP 4X 128bit engine, 3D S3TC Texture
Compression
32M up to a resolition of 1920 X 1440 166Mhz Memory 160Mhz Engine Clock
Hardware accelerator DVD full screen MPEG-2 and I Direct-3D and OpenGL
32bit resolution with Monitors up to 24"

and the card is detected by linux as: SVGA-PCI S3 chipset generic
Video RAM 64k
the clock is 25.18 chipset (0x8a22) Rev-2
Memory@ 0xde000000,0xa8000000

Thnks....

Sergio Korlowsky

cc: Pixel, By the way Pixel... I screw my HDD again with panoramix,
stating from 0 again!
they were reported two unalocated partition by diskdrake at instalation
time, I thout about
recovering this space and I assinged them mount points... what a BIG
huge mistake!
then it said I had to reboot to activate the new configuration so it
could continue installing,
and after booting it reads "the disk was unreadable" 'blanking
unreadable partitions bla bla'
and everything was lost! urrrggg

so I bought a new HDD a 17Gigs to play with Panoramix' without messing
my normal
setup ;-)

Sergio Korlowsky