I recently installed Mandrake 6.1 from scratch.  I then recompiled the
kernel, but the system hangs on boot when it tries to find the module
dependencies.  I can recompile without modules and the system boots
fine.  However, my sound card is pnp, and I've never been able to get it
to work without sound being a loadable module.  What am I doing wrong
here?  I have never worked with the 2.2 kernel before.  Is there
something I should know?  Is there a problem with 2.2.13pre?  Anyway, I
would appreciate any help anyone can offer.
                                        Chad Sellers
                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]