I have problems with the nfs mounts speeds when the NFS server is a SUN
workstation.

In fact I have problems since two years ago (RedHat 4.2, RH5.0, RH5.1) and I
hoped that the kernel 2.2.x would solve them. But even when on Mandrake 6.1 it
goes faster, I think it is not enought;

 ----------------                                           ______
|                                 | ---->---700 Kb/second -->----|
|   SUN NFS server's     |                                         | local
 |   mounted filesystem    |                                       | filesys.
|                                 |-----<--350 Kb/second---<----|_____

Note that it is a 3c595 (fast ethernet) and that the rsize=8192 and wsize=8192
options have been set for the mounts. If those mount options are not set, the
performance is ~2 times worse!.

The problem appears also with IBM AIX servers, and HP UX servers also.

Can anybody help me?
Thank you.
  --
Guillermo Pastor Torrente (Tecnología y métodos.)
Tel: 34 91 655 94 55