> Is there a fix yet for the PCMCIA images to install mandrake via ftp
> with PCMCIA support.
        Just to be clear - I was able to load via an IDE CD-ROM - the PCMCIA
support was just for post install.
> The install images dated sept 8 (bootnet.img) do
> not seem to work with a Linksys 10BaseT PCMCIA card and crash
> on second stage install.
        Not to the best of my knowledge - but I only looked at a few
mirrors.  They were all Sept. 8 builds.

        I can send you a kernel & you can copy it to a floppy for use during
the install, but I'm not sure how the install image works - some kind of
compressed ext2 filesystem and whatnot.  I also think that the image will
still pull the "bad" modules - I've no idea how to set up an image floppy.

        You might try the PCMCIA floppy image from a 6.0 CD - those worked
for me.  If you do not have one I can email it to you if you like, or you
should find plenty of FTP mirrors out there.

> This seems to be indigenous to RH/Mandrake not SuSe, Caldera, or Debian.
        Agreed....

Good luck -
Don