Okay, here's a strange problem that's bugging me:

The ttyS3 serial port (my modem) keeps losing its uart setting. It would
occasionally do this in mdk6.0, and I put at "setserial /dev/ttyS3 uart 16550A"
in the local init script.

Now, under mdk6.1, it loses its uart setting everytime I hang up. For example,
the first time I connect with kppp after bootup I have no problem because of
the above fix I added. But if I close my connection, then try to open it up
later, kppp tells me "modem busy". My recourse it to su to root and run the
above command.

Does anyone have an idea what is going wrong? Any ideas on how to fix it?

--
Arandir...