I am in the process of upgrading my Mandrake 6.0 partition to 6.1 on a
K6-2/300/128 MB RAM and have encountered several problems with XWindows.  I
have been running v6.0 fo some time now without any problems.

I tried upgrading and wasn't satisfied with that so I did a new install on
one of my Linux partitions.  The install went perfectly without any error
messages.  However. when I started kde I ran into problems.  All four
default desktops have the same dark blue, almost black, color making it
hard, if not impossible for my tired old eyes, to read anything on the
desktop.  In addition, the execution of apps within kde has become very
sluggish.

Has anyone else encountered problems with the latest version of kde, and
what are the solutins?

Thanks in advance.

Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.                        Life is a fuzzy set
Foundation for Chemistry                        Stochastic and multivariant
614.486.4076