Recently, I noticed that whenever I would print something and then print
something after that. It would print the first job I had printed.

The only way I was able to fix this was to clear the queue.

I am printing to a HP LaserJet 4050TN over a network.
I used printtool to set the printer up.

Set it up as a Remote Unix (lpd) queue.
Input filter is laserjet.
Only options I have on is Fix stair-stepping text, fast text printing,
abd suppress headers.

Contents of my printcap file.
##PRINTTOOL3## REMOTE laserjet 300x300 letter {} LaserJet Default 1
lp:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:\
        :rm=10.18.0.90:\
        :rp=:\
        :if=/var/spool/lpd/lp/filter:

###

So I started investigating this, searching through news groups, web
sites, etc.

Tried many things that had been suggested for other problems like mine.
No success.

Checked files, that people suggested to check. Nothing.

I then rememebered that I had updated lpr recently with MandrakeUpdate.
Just to please my curiosty, I downgraded to the rpm that comes with 6.1.
Now, everything works correctly.

I'm not sure what's different or maybe if it's just some setting I have.

But, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to fix it if it's not
an rpm thing, please let me know.

--
To boldly code where no man has debugged before...