Mike Hill wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I am looking for suggestions on a program to run on a Linux Mandrake system
> that is the gateway for numerous local clients to get to the internet.
> (I.P. Masquerading).
>
> The company I am setting this up for wants to monitor all internet access
> (financial company).
>
> Im curious if there is some program that does a good job of monitoring all
> Internet traffic going through it.  (logging sites visited,etc).

You might try using Squid.  We use it in conjunction with Internet
Junkbuster to block, filter, cache, and track the sites visited by our
users.

We have setup Junkbuster as a blocking system to limit the sites
available to our users.  We've only got about 30 people on the system
who have Internet access and the "allowed sites" list is rather small
right now.

We use Squid as a cache to try and conserve the limited bandwidth we
have available to the Internet.

Both of these programs will allow tracking of sites visited.

--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator