Hi

Just my 2c about sendmail configuration for dial-in machines:

In my opinion, the best way to deal with the sendmail+PPP is to find a
"smart host" which will get all the e-mails originating from the local
machine and let it think for us. Picking-up the mail is done with
"fetchmail" or something similar.
Normally, ISP-s should allow relying from their own PPP-clients...

Also, there is absolutely no need for a sendmail-demon on such a machine.
Turn it off, and run the "sendmail -q" and "fetchmail" every time the
PPP-connection is established (from /etc/ppp/ip-up.local) in order to
empty the (outgoing) mail queue and fetch the new mail.

cu
        Denis
Mag. Denis Havlik  <http://www.ap.univie.ac.at/users/havlik>
University of Vienna    |||     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Austria                (@ @)       tel: (++431) 4277/51179
"If you want to travel around the world and be invited to speak at a lot
of different places, just write a Unix operating system."
(By Linus Torvalds)