Jack Hain wrote:

> I had the same problem when I first tried it, but the fix is pretty
> simple.  Try enabling "MODVERSIONS" in the makefile and then
> re-compile.  It works great for me.  It works fine for me on 6.1.
>
> Peace 8^)
> Jack Hain

Jack,

I just tried your sugestion: (MODVERSIONS = y)and I still get a screen
full of "unresolved symbols" when I try to load the module. I doubled
checked to make sure that I have all the devel-libs/kernel src installed
- they are.

Doing a depmod -a after make install (as suggested by Steve Fox in his
post) gives the same kind of error:

/lib/modules/2.2.13-7mdk/misc/emu10k1.o: unresolved symbol(s)
/lib/modules/2.2.13-7mdk/misc/wavefront.o: unresolved symbol(s)
/lib/modules/2.2.13-7mdk/misc/eicon.o: unresolved symbol(s)

UPDATE: I got it working!  I removed everything and started with a fresh
batch of src: tar xvf emu10k1.tar, did as you suggested: (MODVERSIONS =
y) and when I ran depmod -a the emu10k1.o line was gone. Don't know what
the problem was except maybe doing "make clean" wasn't really getting it
squeaky clean. (I would never mangle the src, NEVER! ;)

The KDE system sounds are clean but the Pat2 sounds are distorted, I can
live with that.

Thanks to you and Steve for the help!

Rick,