> Ah, I see what you are getting at.  A per-executable (or whatever)
> licensing/seat type deal?  I don't know of any way to do this (aside from
> putting each binary to license into a separate directory?)

That defeats the purpose of 'max connections' then, doesn't it?

Essentially, what we want to perform is a network installation of large
commercial software products and restrict their use on the server by setting
a maximum number of connections. Currently, installing a copy of WordPerfect
on our server theoretically allows access to the program by multiple
workstations despite the actual ownership of less than half a dozen
licenses.

Does anyone have any ideas?

---
Ian Douglas, Wild Web Services