[re: The busted PCMCIA installation...]
> Contacted the Mandrake developers at 6.0 and was told it would be
> fixed shortly but also have not seen a functional image on the
> Mandrake or Redhat/mirrors sites.

        Well, then, let's fix this thing.  I want to run Mandrake on my
laptop.

        I'm a developer, but I'm not entirely clear on how the boot disks
work.  I also do not have a huge amount of free time right now.

        If one of the Mandrake developers can give me a general idea of
what's wrong (it looks like a ramdisk is simply being mounted read-only
when it should be mounted read/write), where the source code for the
installation disks is, and what file I should look in, I'd be happy to
give it a once-over and see if I can fix it.  Then I'll post a patch to
this list.

        ...but I don't have time to wade through a large source tree
trying to hunt down the right file, function, and figure out from scratch
how the code is designed.  So:  Mandrake install developers, where should
I look to find the problem?  And, where is the source repository for the
install disks located?

Thank You,
Derek Simkowiak
[EMAIL PROTECTED]