Thanks for your help, Ramon.  I now have a script that emails me only the
assigned IP address - took a while to get the parsing right!  A couple
more questions, if you don't mind:

1. Is there a way to pipe the contents of a file into the subject line
when using the "mail" command?  I would like the designated IP address to
show up as the subject, if possible.

2. I am using "pump" to retrieve my DHCP info, and am doing so on the
@HOME network.  I have read documentation stating that pump will contact
the DHCP server every 3 hours to try to renew the lease - any idea where
this gets called from?  I would like the script to run every time the
lease is renewed.

Thanks again for your help, and any more you (or anyone else!) can
provide.

Tim