I have two problems that hopefully somebody out there will be able to help
me with...

1) Compile of new 2.2.13-22mdk kernel

On my laptop (a PII266) it keeps failing with this message:

init/main.o: In function `check_fpu':
init/main.o(.text.init+0x23): undefined reference to
`__buggy_fxsr_alignment'
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

For the heck of it I got the kernel src.rpm package and I tried compiling
that (using rpm -bb linux.spec) without changing anything and I still got
the above error message.

Then I tried the compiling the src.rpm on a different machine (a desktop
w/a single P166MMX) but using a customized .config file and I got the
same error message.  So then I tried just a regular compile (make dep;
make bzdisk; etc.) on the desktop and that worked.  I was able to compile
the 2.2.13-7mdk kernel with no problems.  I am a bit puzzled any ideas?

2) Setting up VNC to use KDE

I must be a total idiot because everywhere I read everybody says setting
up VNC to use KDE is easy.  As suggested earlier in this list I modified
~/.vnc/xstartup so that it executes /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
This works fine with fvwm2 and WindowMaker but not with KDE.  With KDE I
can see Xvnc startup and then die and then KDE startup and die.  The log
says:

_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
kpanel: cannot connect to X server <name of server>:1
etc.

which just means that Xvnc died.

I also tried running KDE apps from WindowMaker and it worked fine locally
but when I try it remotely with VNC, Xvnc just dies.

Thanks,

Ivan Wagner