Phil Edwards wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Steve Philp wrote:
>
> > Have you tried:
> >
> >       export TERM=vt220
> >
> > then attempting the telnet to the AIX box?
> >

> Yup. I've found that I can set the TERM environment variable to pretty much
> anything I want, and Konsole just keeps on generating VT100 escape codes for
> the function keys.
>
> I'm looking at "man xterm" at the minute...

Yup, looks like Konsole isn't able to handle the other terminal types.
>From looking at the xterm manpage, you should be able to use something
like:

        xterm -xrm termName:vt220 -xrm decTerminalID:220

it still looks like you'll need to do the export TERM=vt220 once the
terminal opens though, because export shows the TERM set to xterm.

Hope this helps!

--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator