Hi

I just got an idea for this church+edu+sendmail .-) stuff.
If you desperately hate the idea of setting-up quotas, try this:

1) take one HD partition for "stuff" and a second one for
"students".
2) arrange (procmail will do it) for all the incoming e-mail to be
authomatically transferred to $HOME/mail/INCOMING

In this way, if anything goes wrong and "student" partition is full,
"stuff" will not even notice. Students will, but this leaves you a lot
of time to do "cd /students_home; du -s *" followed by "kill the student
with largest directory" and delete his dir (he does not need it anymore).

.-)

I still think quotas are better. No need for killing students.

cu
        Denis

Mag. Denis Havlik  <http://www.ap.univie.ac.at/users/havlik>
University of Vienna    |||     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Austria                (@ @)       tel: (++431) 4277/51179