Hi,

I'm wondering if a command like drvconfig/disks for Solaris exist on Linux
for PC too.

A few days ago, I have hot plugged a SCSI disk while Linux was running, but
it didn't want to recognize there was a /dev/sdb device now plugged in
(during the boot, it detected the usual SCSI disk /dev/sda).

I think a solution would be to put the SCSI driver, aic7xxx as a module and
not part of the kernel, and unload and reload it when I want to hot plug a
new disk. BUT my first SCSI disk is the disk where the "/" of Linux is
located in, so I couldn't even do that.

Thanks to give me a solution if it exists. If it doesn't, explain me why (PC
BIOS ? Adaptec BIOS ? no such command on Linux ? ... ?)

The kernel I was using when doing that was 2.2.13 on a Mandrake 6.0, on a
PII PC and an Adaptec 2940U2W card.

Thanks and regards

Mathieu