Have encountered this problem before; hope the solution's the same:
When I installed RH or LM on my Dell Inspiron, it will hang at the same
point.  I presume  that you have an external mouse (PS2) connected.  I
have found that if I unplug the ext mouse first and start the
installation, it passes thru OK.
It may be 'cos your glidepad is also detected as a PS2 mouse.  After
the installation, you can either suspend or shutdown and then plug in
your ext mouse, and it will work fine.  When you plug in the ext mouse,
it disables your glide pad, which is fine for me as I tend to
accidentally touch the glidepad all the time and send the mouse pointer
somewhere else.
Tell us if it works for you.

On Sun, 21 Nov 1999, you fingered:

--