On Tue, 23 Nov 1999,  Denis Havlik wrote:

> MS Exchange. Can anyone explain me what is this program good for?
> Is it true that you have to pay per-seat licences for it?
> And what is a reason for actually doing so.
>
> Please - this is a serious question. I have never seen any MS-Exchange
> server, and it really makes me wonder why would anyone pay for a mail
> server, especially on per-seat basis. How much does it actually cost?

I would speculate that the owner already has an NT server
in the network, and needs to add Mail capability.  He does
not want to add a Linux box because he neither wants the
expense of an extra box, nor does he want to learn UNIX
to run it.  These are legitimate reasons.

Having said that, I would like to know the costs and other
reasons for choosing the MS Exchange server software package,
and what it can do that Linux mail servers can't or don't.

--
Ramon Gandia ============= Sysadmin ============== Nook Net
http://www.nook.net                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]