:~>I'm getting CRAZY  trying to compile some codes under NFS mounted
:~>filesystems.
:~>
:~>I'm getting different behaviour by compiling locally (works fine) and
:~>compiling under the NFS mount...!!!!!!!
:~>But even when the code compies sucessfully at Red Hat 4.2 if I compare the
:~>objects sizes they show differences of 8 bytes when they're compiled locally
:~>(/tmp/somecode.o) or under the NFS mount (/home/user/somecode.o).
:~>
:~>At RedHat 6.0 the differences are 14 bytes instead of 8 ?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?.
:~>(Doesn't work either).

No idea at all. I have been using the NFS+Linux for 3 years now, and only
problems I ever encountered were with StarOffice. Except for that, I have
seen problems with time - if some of the machines have a wrong time, you
can get very weird results on compilation.

Actually, programs should not even know or care on which filesystem they
are (well, Star Offfice obviously does), so I think problem must be
somewhere else. Can you access the NFS-mounted directories normally?
Copyinig files to and from it and so...

Denis
Mag. Denis Havlik  <http://www.ap.univie.ac.at/users/havlik>
University of Vienna    |||     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Austria                (@ @)       tel: (++431) 4277/51179