Kenny,

I encountered this problem before.  The tcp wrapper tries to resolve your hostname.
You should check whether you enabled the NIS host lookup in /etc/nsswitch.conf before
DNS or FILE.  Check also you hostname is included in the local host file or DNS.  If
you are not using any NIS domain, you should put [NOTFOUND=RETURN] after FILE, DNS.
Otherwise it will keep trying to resolve your hostname.  But if you put
[NOTFOUND=RETURN] there, it will stop trying after lookup through FILE and DNS fails.

Hope that it helps.

Ken

Hi, I just installed Mandrake 6.0 on my machine, when  I tried
to connect to this machine from another using Telnet the client
would just refuse to connect through. I have checked that
telnetd are setup properly in inet.
Can anybody help?

The following is the message I get in xterm for telnet
connection;

$ telnet 192.168.1.1
Trying 192.168.1.1...
Connected to 192.168.1.1.