Nikodemus K,

I complained over this too (no answer) then tried

locate (name of unwanted icon).kdelnk

which told me the location of the Mandrake-added icons
in the system area, so I could delete them. Currently
I think they live in /etc/skel.

There are many other little things (user can mount a
removable device by default, updatedb is not nice -19
man pages missing, not everything is installed when
one chooses 'everything', update breaks, much more)
I have a special directory with versions of system
files and scripts that adds my special configuration
and tries to fix what I find. I make many machines but
its good for a single machine too, since you can then
restore everything rather quickly if necessary.

Venlig Hilsen, Niels Larsen