I apologize if this isn't the place to ask this question, but I'm stuck and any
help would be appreciated. I am a graduate student and in my office I have
access to one RJ-45 network port. I have two computers I would like to use (a
simple web server, and my own workstation), and was trying to figure out how to
share the single port. I am trying to set up my server with 2 NIC's and do all
the bridging, etc. but I think it is just a little bit beyond my at the moment
(time is a factor). Does anyone know of a hub or similar device that I can just
hook up to the single port and have multiple ports (I'm not worried about the
increased traffic). I bought a simple 8 port mini-hub (Encore ESH-709) but I
don't think that'll work. (I'm also asking because my professor has a number of
computers, all Mac, and only one port as well, and would like to be able to use
them at the same time without swapping network cables). Thanks for any info, or
RTFM (just tell me which ones ;)

 --
Brian R. Thacker            __________/  Never look at the trombones,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]    (_|____|___\________  it only encourages them.