Greeting from Peru.
Perhaps my problem isn't a big deal, but I couldn't get the solution in the
newbie list.
I work with a Pentium III that has all the peripherals integrated in the
mainboard, but I can't configure either the modem or the sound system.
The modem is a PCTel HSP56 , I found the technical specs of this and it says
that this modem works with windows and linux, so this is not a winmodem.  I
tried the KPPP program too, but it doesn't matter if I select /dev/ttSi
(i=0..3) in all cases it says that the modem is busy. Do you know if there
is any configuration file where I have to set the address of the modem and
the IRQ or something like that ?.
In the case of the sound system the same problem, I used the sndconfig
program but it didn't work, exist any other alternative?.
I will appreciate your help.

Heinz Miranda V.