Is anyone aware of any problesm with the automounter?

Recently a problem with automounter has cropped up.  Whenever I try to
mount a drive directory operations slow to a crawl.  If I stop the
automounter (autofs stop) everything come back to normal.  This does
not happen until the first attempt to automount a drive and it does not
matter if the mount is successful or not.  Mounting by 'hand' does not
cause this problem.

I am using automount version 3.1.3 on Mandrake 6.0.

--
Stephen Carville
A well educated citizenry, being essential to the maintenance of a free