Hi,

Installed Oracle 8.0.5 on a fresh Mandrake 6.1. Every Oracle binary
generates a 'segmentation fault' when started. According to Oracle Support
the following has to be done: re-link all binaries with glibc20 instead of
the installed glibc21.
Following RPMS (Redhat 5.2) are required to install glibc20:

compat-binutils-5.2-2.9.1.0.23.1.i386.rpm
compat-egcs-5.2-1.0.3a.1.i386.rpm
compat-egcs-c++-5.2-1.0.3a.1.i386.rpm
compat-glibc-5.2-2.0.7.1.i386.rpm
compat-libs-5.2-1.i386.rpm

I have download the compat-binutils and compat-egcs packages as it seems the
compat-glibc and compat-libs packages are already installed (i586 version).
However, my Linux cannot read the RPM package format so I guess they are
incompatible.

Are there 'Mandrake' versions of these RPMS out there? Can I get Oracle
working without the glibc20?

Kind Regards,

Patrick Van der Veken
Baan Tools Consultant & System Engineer