On Sat, 04 Dec 1999, Dan Swartzendruber wrote:
-I just installed 6.1 mandrake on my new K7.  So it comes up and I click on
-the easy update icon on the desktop.  It shows me a bunch of packages, and
-I select them all.  It fetches them.  It installs them.  It says it is
-updating the list of installed packages.  Yet, if I run the updater again,
-I see the exact same list of packages!  This worked a couple of months ago
-on my old PPro-180, but then again, I know I didn't configure everything
-exactly the same.  Any ideas?

I do not use the auto update much but it sounds like the install is
silently failing.  Did you do the update as root or as a "normal"
users?

--
Stephen Carville
A well educated citizenry, being essential to the maintenance of a free