On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Rickard Eberg wrote:

> There's really nothing with sendmail either. ;)
> What qmail can do, sendmail can also. qmail might be faster if you have many
> users, and they say that it is safer. But I guess that all depends on how
> you config it.

Although security and speed are issues for anyone, I think, my main beef
with sendmail is that bloody sendmail.cf file...  I *hate* it and if I'm
going to run a SMTP server, I want to understand how the heck it works...
=)  I run sendmail on one machine as an MTA only... it doesn't act as a
mail server.  I don't know sendmail enough to fiddle with the sendmail.cf
file, and the few times I have, I broke it pretty badly.  =)  If Qmail is
easier to administer, I'm seriously considering it...

Vincent Danen, Freezer Burn web master: http://tux.tzo.net
ICQ: 54924721 . http://shx.tzo.net . telnet://shx.tzo.net
BBBS/LiI . Internet Rex for Linux Beta . Stronghold Enterprises/X BBS

Check out the new Linux Information site at http://tux.tzo.net