I've been trying for about the last month (without any luck) to set my
workstations (Linux-Mandrake 6.0 & 6.1) up so I can develop PalmOS
applications in GCC.  I've found various sites that give instructions on
how to do it, but even with the one that provides 'pre-patched'
tarballs, I haven't had any luck whatsoever.

Is there anybody out there who has succeeded at this task who could
provide idiot-proof instructions on how to do this?  Feel free to attach
the necessary tarballs to the message if you like.

The Palm software will be my first GCC undertaking.

Desperate for help,
        - Theo