I am having trouble compiling software that expects the SMP headers.
(latest vmware) Has anyone got SMP headers to match a current SMP binary
kernel from mandrake?  I have tried building  kernels by hand several
times and always failed.

Why doesn't Mandrake create an SMP headers RPM?

Thanks,
Jon
cc to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

==================previously on the expert list

       Yeah I had this exact same problem on Redhat 6.0.  The problem
lies in
       that if you choose to run the SMP kernel, the header files are
still from
       the non-smp build.  The only way I could come up with to fix this
was to
       install the kernel by hand, and build it SMP only.  That way my
header
       files, etc, were all for SMP.  I can't think of a slick way for
either
       Redhat or Mandrake to fix this...

       --
       Greg Rumple