Shawn

To call gnome or enlightenment, you need to edit the .xinitrc file.... In this file add,

gnome-session

Hope that helps....

Werner

"Shawn E. Thompson" wrote:

Hi all, I recently installed Mandrake Linux 6.1 and KDE.....I know I can go into LinuxConfig and change the boot mode to automatically launch the KDE gui or to just call upa default shell (bash in my case).  Anyway, what part of my boot process launches this gui? In Solaris 1.0 (my old background) there was a .cshrc file that did everything like this.  However the .cshrc .bashrc etc files dont refer to this ion any fashion. Also, is there an easy way to have the startx command call gnome instead of KDE ???
Shawn E. Thompson, MS
Director of Engineering & Operations  Strippit,Inc.-Tooling Division
Adjunct/Part-Time Faculty N.C.C. & Buffalo State Colleges
Academic Advisory Committee N.C.C. & Buffalo State Colleges
Founding Partner DST Enterprises