On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Kevin Boylan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As my system boots I can see that it recognizes my IDE Atapi internal zip
> drive as hdd.  But once booted, I can't find any hdd anywhere.  I've looked
> at the zip drive how-to, but I can't seem to get anything mounted.  Does
> Madrake 6.1 already have what is necessary for me to mount the zip drive?
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  Kevin

Mandrake 6.1 should mount a zip drive fine.  I have an atapi zip and it
works great.  This is what I do to make it work (probably not be the best
way).

Login as root
cd /etc
pico fstab
In the fstab file type this line in

/dev/hdd        /mnt/zip        auto    defaults        0 0

Then save the file.
Note: /mnt/zip must exist, Linux won't create it for you.

Hope this helps, and anybody that knows a bit more about this please
correct me if I'm wrong.

Dennis