I am trying to upgrade my mandrake 6.5 linux box to kernel 2.2.14.
It's a compaq 5000 with a EISA Smart2/E array controller.  Everything
installed fine with the 2.2.13 kernel, however I would like to upgrade to
the newest kernel.  Everything compiles fine, I select support for the
smart2 and the ncr53xx.  When it comes time to boot I get a kernel panic
because it does not seem to even try to load the ncr driver, which is where
my boot device is.  There is also an internal scsi controller sym something
or other, and that doesn't load on boot either, It complains that it is not
supported.  Has anyone had trouble with this before?  Thanks

Jen Peterson