(I know this more directly to Linux, not Mandrake)

Has anyone come across a problem /w the Linksys 10/100 cards based on the PNIC chip,
that is - not getting DHCP assigned addresses in Linux?

The situation goes like this:
I have a small home network, and I want that network to have access to my xDSL modem
(via NAT). My Service provider automatically assigns me a DHCP IP number everytime I
start the main computer.

Every Linux distribution I've tried so far has not been able to negotiate a DHCP IP
Address from my service provider. When I manually set the IP information (after
extracting it from my dual-boot Windows), the card works and the internet work just
fine.

I remember following up on a post that the a version of the tulip/PNIC driver at one
point did not support "auto-load" dhcp (or something like that).

For the record, my xDSL modem is the "Netspeed SpeedRunner 202".

Does anyone have more information on this? Any help would grearly appriciated.

Thanks in advance,
Peter Verhagen