Tom Berger wrote:

> On 19-Jan-2000 Hoyt wrote:
> > I recall reading somewhere that the hdparm parameters can be passed in
> > LILO.
> > This would certainly help my old, slow drives during the boot process.
> > Is
> > this possible, or was someone just daydreaming out loud?
> >
> > Hoyt
>
> I use rc.local for this. I don't think that this is possible via LiLo
> since hdparm is a program and can't therefore be started before the system
> comes up.

Correct. You can't pass parameters to _hdparm_ via lilo.
However, you can pass parameters to _the driver_ via the command line,
i.e. with "append=" in lilo.conf
There are quite a number of parameters that can be passed to the _ide_
driver. Look into /usr/src/linux/Documentation/ide.txt
or /usr/src/linux/drivers/block/ide.c for more info (file names may be
not completely correct, I'm shooting from the hip :-)
As to SCSI drives, it would probably depend on which driver ...

Hope this helps.

--
Jean-Louis Debert        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
74 Annemasse  France