Alan Shoemaker wrote:

> Civileme....that's not what happens here.  I have no Templates
> folder (Air [7.0]) so I created a new folder (test) and put a
> text file (text) into it.  When I drag the new folder into the
> window containing the dos root directory and choose to copy or
> move I get an error message '! Could not make directory
> /mnt/DOS_sda1/test'.
>
> Alan]

Understandable, you have defaults which will not allow the
movement.  I MUST allow the movement with my settings  so I have
user, rw, uid=, gid= and so on.  Your workaround does seem to
either prevent the origin of the bug (bug1--making the .directory
file) and possibly its expression (bug2 - freezing under user
settings when a .directory file is present in a subdirectory).

Wait til you try to access that partition with StarOffice!  It
needs to be named /dos_sda1 for SO to see it properly.

Anyway, the freezing you described could be a .directory file in a
subdirectory.  Setting defaults works around it, here in 6.0 and
6.1, but does not give an ordinary user the type of access I am
compelled to give.

Civileme