I have Mandrake 6.1  installed and working on a ThinkPad 770.
To enable the PCMCIA Token ring I have to append the following line to
/etc/pcmcia/config.opts

module "ibmtr_cs" opts "mmiobase=0xd2000 srambase=0xd4000"

When I boot the pcmcia disk, the core loads, but the message "bad mem
offset" occurs after ibmtr_cs is inserted without any parms.

So my question is: how to I unpack pcmcia.rdz,  modify the config.opts,
then repack it?

Ted McDaniel,  IBM  PC  HelpCenter
World Wide Level 2 Support Team
919-517-0861  TL  255-0861
-- Netfinity Manager
-- OS/2 WARP Server
-- Certified Red Hat Linux Engineer

Without friends, no one would choose to live, even if he had every other
good thing in life.

                                        -- Aristotle