Ron....you've certainly got a point.  I've installed Air (7.0)
on three machines and attempted to install it on a fourth.  I've
since removed it from the first machine as that was just a dry
run on a machine with some disc space, to test the release for
major install problems before I committed my main system to the
new release.

I next installed Air (7.0) on my main machine, in an extra
partition to further test it. Then, when I experienced no
problems, I installed it over 6.1 on that machine and am now
using Air (7.0) as my main system.

Next I installed Air (7.0) over Helios (6.1) on my modem server
and had to remove it and reinstall 6.1 because of problems with
7.0's ppp.

Finally I attempted an Air (7.0) install on my wife's machine
over her Venus (6.0) installation.  It failed at the point of
initializing the cdrom.  I made a boot disc to use the text
install and it failed too, at initializing the cdrom.  I then
installed Helios (6.1) on that machine (to see if it would have
any problems) without a hitch.

So, I agree that there are definitely major problems with the
Air (7.0) release.

Alan