Monte Milanuk wrote:

> The problem is with the printer.  The HP 7xx series was released
> using a proprietary printer driver that _has_ not been released
> to the public as of yet.
> There has been some effort at reverse-engineering it, but it has
> thus far only yielded a 300dpi b&w last I checked.  You can look
> it up at the various linux websites, as I can't remember off hand
> what the site address is.
>
> Monte

Yeppers,

>From following this thread, I see the configurations are correct and
finally the error message makes sense.  SMB does not in general
provide for the target computer (the one with the printer
attached) to form the print file but rather the source computer.  In
Windows, when you add a network printer, you have to install the
driver, so Samba has to follow in lockstep.

Here is the 720 driver.

http://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=1322

Civileme

--
experimentation involving more than 500 trials with an
ordinary slice of bread and a tablespoon of peanut butter