Greetings Experts,

If there is anybody out there experiencing this problem I would like to
know if it can be resolved!

Here are the facts:

I've compiled the new 6.1 Mandrake kernel with the updates.
I've created the bzImage and compiled the modules. I have the new
directory created by the "make modules_install"
I've moved the "bzImage" into the /boot dir and I've renamed the file,
being careful to change the /etc/lilo.conf as well.
Everything looks new, but after reboot the "uname -a" shows the old
kernel info (the original);

what else am I missing in order to get the new one showing?

I am positive that I am running the new one because I've removed ALL the
old builds!

Thank you for your time,
Adrian Saidac