Try and get an answer from SAMBA. Good luck. I've tried that already
and got ZERO response. The reason why I posted it here was because
this was a problem with the smb bundled with LM 6.1. Since I couldn't find
help from SAMBA I decided to ask this group of Knowledgable folks. Plus, the
purpose of this group is not only for Mandrake problems, which there are
quite a few with the new 7.0 release, but it is also to help expand the
general knowledge of linux, since Mandrake is nothing more than a
distribution of linux and really doesn't have much in the way of proprietary
software.

Anyways, I digress, I think I might have discovered the problem I'm having
with SAMBA and wanted to run this by everyone. Since I'm talking to a NT box
on an NT network with a Linux box and SAMBA use tcp/ip to do this, I
realized that my NT username and logon password only worked on the main NT
domain, and the Box I'm trying to talk to is on a seperate IP block. Since
my Linux box and this NT box are on the same IP block and the NT network is
on a different IP block, the box is not recognizing my NT username and
password. I realized this when I tried to logonto this NT box through the
box itself on the Box's domain instead of the NT domain. So how do I create
a seperate local network between My Linux box and this NT box? As you can
tell my NT knowledge is very low. Any help with this problem would be gretly
appreciated.
Thanx,
SA