John Aldrich wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have LM 7.0 installed on my notebook computer. All of a sudden I
> > noticed that when I boot the clock which is displayed on the KDE
> > panel is 5 hours behind EST. I set it then on reboot the same thing.
> > I thought maybe the internal clock battery is going bad. But when I
> > enter the BIOS setup at startup, the cock is correct, but it changes
> > when it boot into linux. And it is off exactly 5 hours. I did set it
> > back in the DrakeConf. But on the next reboot it is back by 5 hours.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> Set your timezone to est. Sounds like you're set for Hawaii time or
> something.... Check and see if there's a config for the timezone in
> DrakeConf. I think there used to be in LinuxConf...
>         John
I tried that, and selected america/new_yoork from the zone popup menu in
DrakeConf data&time panel. When select activate changes and quit and
then
go back, the selection is gone. It looks to me that LM 7.0 thinks that
the
BIOS time is the GMT time and then substracts 5 hours to get the EST!

Regards;

M.S.